Lagadakia are located near Machairado. The village was moved to this location after the devastating earthquakes of 1953. The old settlement of Lagadakia – even if in ruins – is an important monument of the Island's history. It was built in lush green meadows, from which the village got its name. Today, Lagadakia is a typical rural village of Riza with 400 inhabitants. In the Old Village, the Ruins of the Church of Saint Andrew and its carved stone bell tower, which bears the date 1796, are proclaimed Monuments of Zakynthos (Government Gazette 796 / vol. B / 30-8-1996). The same applies to the Ruins of the Church of Agios Georgios and its stone-hewn bell tower, also in the old settlement, which are designated Monuments of Zakynthos (Government Gazette 796 / vol. B / 30-8-1996).