Agios Dimitris, ten kilometers from the town of Zakynthos, is a small village with 521 inhabitants, known since 1509. It owes its name to the church of the same name with an impressive, tall bell tower, which dates from 1910 and is located in the center of the village, near in the square with the amphitheater stone theater. The temple inside contains works of art older and newer. Under the gynaikonite there is an important work of folk art depicting litanies in the village, the work of an anonymous painter from the last years of the 19th century. The village has a theatrical (speech) and musical (areki) folk tradition. Agios Dimitrios has an altitude of 60 meters above sea level.